April 11, 2011
Funders Network on Transforming the Global Economy (FNTG) seeks Communications Manager
Part-Time Telecommuting Position: 20+ hours per week
Location is flexible, although East Coast is preferred.
The Communications Manager will be an employee of Community Partners, FNTG’s fiscal sponsor, while reporting to FNTG’s Coordinator and working closely with Steering Committee members, other funders and with NGO and social movement allies. In collaboration with the Coordinator, the Communications Manager will ensure that FNTG initiatives, in particular activities related to communications, are carried out as planned and that agreed upon tasks and initiatives move forward in ways that achieve overall program goals.
The Communications Manager oversees all organizational publications, including white papers, briefing books, and reports. The Communications Manager also has responsibility for managing online publications, website maintenance, social networking, and new communications initiatives.
Managing membership program and internal communications of the network:
* Develop and implement a communications plan that includes strategies and benchmarks;
* Coordinate membership development strategies;
* Develop and manage FNTG membership database;
* Facilitate working group communications through conference calls, listservs and meetings, producing minutes and reports;
* Maintain online calendars of upcoming meetings and program events;
* Assist in production of Steering Committee, working group and activities reports;
* Develop and ensure distribution of online newsletter; and
* Determine communications priorities and forecast resource needs.
Managing external communications of the network:
* Design and maintain website and explore other online communications strategies;
* Implement outreach and promotional campaigns and strategies;
* Produce online and print publications and other outreach & informational materials; and
* Develop annual and long-range communications strategies.
Providing general administrative and organizing support:
* Manage FNTG grants tracking and financial reporting deadlines, and assist in the development and submission of grant and financial reports;
* Coordinate between consultants and vendors and Community Partners to ensure that contracts and payments are executed promptly and appropriately; and
* Share general administrative and organizing responsibilities as needed and determined with FNTG Coordinator.
Needed Skills and Experience:
* Communications and social networking expertise;
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically about communication and outreach strategies;
* Knowledge of communications and database management software, web development/design/maintenance, common computer programs and online web tools;
* Ability to establish priorities, maintain a variety of projects and activities simultaneously, and complete work in a through, accurate and timely manner.
* Self-motivated and able to work independently from home, both collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision;
* Good facilitation, writing and oral communication skills;
* Willingness to travel on occasion; and
* Experience in philanthropy and in multi-racial, multi-cultural settings and with social movements a plus.
Salary range: $22,500 – $32,500 ($45,000 – 55,000 FTE). Salary based on qualifications and experience, with benefits. The Communications Manager position is currently a part-time, 20 hours per week, position. However, there may be occasional times when we may need additional hours (i.e. delegations, events, etc). We are looking for someone who can be flexible.
Please send brief cover letter, resumé and the names and contacts for three references to Melissa Cariño at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2011
Posted in: Job Postings
Written by: Melissa Gira Grant