Third Wave is a feminist, activist foundation that works nationally to support young women and transgender youth ages 15 to 30. Through strategic grantmaking, movement building, leadership development, and philanthropic advocacy, we support groups and individuals working towards gender, racial, economic, and social justice.
Third Wave is led by an intergenerational board of feminists striving to combat inequalities that we ourselves face as a result of our age, gender, race, sexual orientation, economic status, or level of education. By empowering young women and transgender youth nationwide, Third Wave is building a lasting foundation for gender justice around the country.
*Program Intern Overiew*
Third Wave Foundation is seeking a Program Intern to work part-time (15 – 20 hrs/week) for the Fall 2012 semester for school credit or work-study hours and a monthly unlimited metrocard. Working in the Program Department, the intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with our programming team. Ideal candidates have an interest in developing a birds-eye view of the racial and gender justice organizing landscape and learning more about feminist organizations, non-profits, and foundations.
The Program Internship will focus on Third Wave’s grantmaking and capacity building. Interns will also have the opportunity to learn more about Third Wave’s overall work and how funding decisions are made, participate in staff meetings, and attend relevant events.
The internship will involve:
- Planning grantee trainings and convening
- Support grantee evaluation
- Research and writing on philanthropic & movement building trends
- Database entry and other administrative tasks
Individuals applying for this internship should have demonstrated:
- An ability to plan and prioritize tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Web, database and library research and writing skills
- Familiarity with Excel and/or other databases
- Interest in organizing by youth and/or communities of color
- Knowledge of gender justice issues
- Detail-oriented and great organizational skills
- Team player
- Sense of humor a plus
Please email your resume and a cover letter to Terry Ferreira at email@example.com with the following subject heading: PROGRAM INTERN APPLICATION – YOUR NAME. In your application, include your potential start date and days for which you would be available.
Thank you for your interest in supporting Third Wave’s work!